Working perfectly

Give some feedback on using the editor. Positive or Negative :)
IDL
0posts
Callsign: VK2GL

Working perfectly

Post by IDL »

Hi David.

Just downloaded the latest version 0.1.0613.4 and tried every option without issues. Updated the firmware, downloaded and installed the latest RadioID contacts list, added my callsign to the startup page and reloaded my codeplug. All is working fine :D . Great job !!

Regards

Ian VK2GL
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Working perfectly

Post by MM7DBT »

Great to hear it's all working as it should :)
-73 de MM7DBT
RickRowland58
0posts
Callsign: K4RHR

Post by RickRowland58 »

Perhaps this is a stupid question but here goes.... I got the program loaded up from the radio just fine. I exported my channels to CSV, then shuffled some things around in the CSV file format ( I was impressed and really likely how each zone had a space as a delimiter between them) , I them imported them back into my Radioddity DB-25 and it worked great.

How can I edit my channels from within the program?

Am I supposed to be able to do this? It sure would be nice. Still the same, it's great to have a program that reliably can download, store and dependably upload back into the radio. The Radioddity software for this has some serious memory issues which for me changed all of the PL tones of all channels in a zone to the same PL Tone of the last one. This is what I observed and thus the program was useless.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts

Post by MM7DBT »

It's not currently possible to edit most things within the program, I believe you can change the zone names by double clicking on them but I can't remember how much is in the current release.

This is being worked on, albeit rather slowly due to work, life and the limited spare time I have to do such things :)
I'm doing in a similar way to how some other CPS do it, where you get a separate window with all the details to change and cycle through the current list (of contacts, channels in a zone etc..

No ETA on the next update but I do think it will be a lot better than the current release.. and still far better then the CPS offered by Kydera/Retevis/Radioddity

It's still a rough but is a working example, I'll tidy up the GUI a little once the coding is complete :lol:
contactedit.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-73 de MM7DBT
RickRowland58
0posts
Callsign: K4RHR

Post by RickRowland58 »

Out of curiosity, what language are you writing this in? I write software for the broadcast industry with Embarcadero’s Delphi. You can see some of my creations at www.power-link.com
From my awful experience with the radioddity supplied software and it’s field instantiation issues, your software seems rock solid. This is a great start and gives a sense of confidence…
Let me know if I can be of any assistance in any of your efforts.. I like my DB25 radio, but the software really is LAME!
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts

Post by MM7DBT »

The editor is written in C# with the radio serial communication and codeplug binary <> JSON conversion written in python (thanks to David M0DMP for most of the work on that)

The python script is then compiled to a single executable with all dependencies using pyinstaller, so that it will work without the need for python and pyserial to be installed separately.
Then that exe is compiled into the editors resources and called in the background to do the reading/writing to the radio.

You can see the python script here https://github.com/davidmpye/RT73-utils
-73 de MM7DBT