Not really a bug, but ...

Give some feedback on using the editor. Positive or Negative :)
clewis.it
0posts
Callsign: KN6KFR

Not really a bug, but ...

Post by clewis.it »

figured I would let you know about this. First, great job, CPEditor is working great on my Ubuntu 20.04 system with WINE. The only issue is that it can't communicate to the radio. This is not a big deal since the codeplug is compatible with rt73-utils.

The only problem I came across is using the "Promiscuous_Mode" button. On rt73-utils, it is called "Mandatory_Monitor", and I had to edit the rt73.py script to recognize the new button label.

Other than that, I'm loving this codeplug editor.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Not really a bug, but ...

Post by MM7DBT »

Yeah initially the firmware didn't have a Promiscuous Mode feature. Kydera later added it and for some reason had called it within the CPS, Hence the rt73-util that David originally wrote references is as "Mandatory_Monitor"
I believe Retevis and Radioddity have since had it renamed to Promiscuous Mode but rt73-util hasn't been updated in a while, other than small bugfixes.

I have my own modified python script where I've changed to "Promiscuous_Mode" since that's the more recognised terminology for it.
I will be uploading my version of the script to GitHub once I have completed some things I have in progress for the next update.
-73 de MM7DBT
clewis.it
0posts
Callsign: KN6KFR

Re: Not really a bug, but ...

Post by clewis.it »

Nice, I will keep an eye out for it. Looking forward to seeing what other updates you have in store for us.

I have my modified script on Github already, and it fixes the promiscuous mode button and uploading the contact list from the Ailunce Resource Center.

https://github.com/clewisit/RT73-utils/