Problems transferring from CSV

Give some feedback on using the editor. Positive or Negative :)
dmpzsn5862
0posts
Callsign: G6ZSN

Problems transferring from CSV

Post by dmpzsn5862 »

I have found a problem when I take a working csv and add some channels.

I haven't altered the original channels but added, when I try to reimport I keep getting error messaged that contacts not found. These contacts are still shown in the contact list and the original settings haven't been altered.

If I go back to the original unaltered csv it loads without any problem.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as I'd like to build on my codeplug but am stuck as I can't add anything.

Thanks for any advice.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Problems transferring from CSV

Post by MM7DBT »

That's not something I have come across.

When importing channels it checks the contact name in the csv against the list of contacts in the codeplug and should only return an error if it's not found.

Contacts are case-sensitive so for example; one named "TG235" isn't the same as "tg235" (although perhaps they should/could be, I'm not sure if the radio is case-sensitive)
I can replicate the contact not found message by using the above example but without looking at your csv I wouldn't be able to find the issue.

Feel free to PM me your original csv, and the one that causes the error and I'll see if I can replicate it.
-73 de MM7DBT
dmpzsn5862
0posts
Callsign: G6ZSN

Re: Problems transferring from CSV

Post by dmpzsn5862 »

Thanks, I'll pm you the acceptable csv and then one that won't transfer.

Most things were done using cut and paste with just the frequencies, cc etc being changed.

It'll be a little later and I'm going to try fitting the radio in the car.

73, G6ZSN