is it a codeplug editor or a CPS? the codeplug is totally different format, but that's not a bad thing

Make a suggestion for future updates.
automaticgiant
Callsign: kn4qgw

is it a codeplug editor or a CPS? the codeplug is totally different format, but that's not a bad thing

Post by automaticgiant »

The fact that the codeplug is JSON is the one of the single-best parts of the CPS. What would make it even better is if there was a `--write codeplug.json` flag/argument capability. I am using a Python script to render personally-curated source of truth data into importable data for my Rfinder and the first party DB-25D CPS. I'd love to script it for quick iteration from configuration-as-code.
Thanks for your work so far. Even if you didn't open source the GUI/CPS in full, doing so for the flash writing chunk would be amazing.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: is it a codeplug editor or a CPS? the codeplug is totally different format, but that's not a bad thing

Post by MM7DBT »

This project started as a basic editor for the codeplug files for the official CPS but it has since developed into a full replacement CPS for the supported radios.
With CPEditor there is no need to use the CPS at all, since CPE will do it all and more :)

Unfortunately there is currently no support to run it via command line since I have moved away from using Python as the backend radio communication.
Although it may be possible in the future to add some argument support for '--read [json]' and '--write [json]'
-73 de MM7DBT