[Feature Request] List of recently opened files

Make a suggestion for future updates.
w8ptm

[Feature Request] List of recently opened files

Post by w8ptm »

It would be nice to have a list of recently opened files for those who have both GD-88 and DB25-D radios. I don't save the codeplug files in the same folder as the executable, so would have to navigate to open each time I have to make some changes to each of them. Two or three recently opened files would be sufficient. Thanks.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: [Feature Request] List of recently opened files

Post by MM7DBT »

That has been a planned feature for a while but with the release of the GD-88 and then the update to the GD-88 (and DB25-D) all my time was shifted to add full support for that instead.

Version 0.2.1031.1:
I have added 4 recent files to the open menu, these are saved within the application settings so should be persistent after closing and opening the editor.
recents.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-73 de MM7DBT
w8ptm

Post by w8ptm »

Wow! I'm counting my blessings. This is really quick turn-around. I verified this functionality using v0.2.1031.1. Thanks very much. I got to be careful with my next wish; I may just get it. :)
Cheers and many thanks for this software - much much improved experience over the manufacturer's sw.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Post by MM7DBT »

The benefits of working alone, no need for approval of new code and updates :P It would take Kydera two months just to add the feature and still get it wrong :lol:

I do feel bad for Radioddity, they are trying their best to get the CPS updated with needed features and bugs fixed but as it is Kydera's software everything needs relayed back to them, wait for an update, test it, request further changes or more bugfixes, wait for another update, test it again and then release to the customer.

Same process for the firmware as that too is written by Kydera.. although I will say Radioddity are doing a great job of getting it updated with new features and fixing the issues.
-73 de MM7DBT