Option to set default VFO-A/B parameters

Make a suggestion for future updates.
EI5IEB
0posts

Option to set default VFO-A/B parameters

Post by EI5IEB »

Hi David,

Great application. It really makes importing and editing a large number of zomes and channels easier.
I've got the Radioddity DB25-D
I know the Radioddity CPS currently does not have this option either but it would be nice to be able to set set default parameters VFO-A/B even if its just Type, RX Only, and Power
It's a "nice to have" and I'm sure you have other more pressing features to add to the application.

Thanks for all the work you are putting into this.

Tom
EI5IEB
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Option to set default VFO-A/B parameters

Post by MM7DBT »

Hi Tom,

Yeah that would be a nice feature to have but unfortunately the VFO parameters are not stored in the codeplug memory so at this time it wouldn't be possible to edit them or set defaults for them.
The radio does have it's own memory that's used for remembering those parameters as well as the current channels that is uses when turning the radio off/on it stays on those channels.
It would also be nice to have a default A/B channel as just now when uploading a codeplug it just defaults back to the first channel in the first zone.

The radio does openly allow you to read/write to any memory address over serial, so with some investigating it could be possible to find the other parameters and be able to edit them, but without knowing where to look it would be almost impossible to find the exact memory locations.

Kydera are very secretive about the firmware etc and won't share the information needed.. e.g The firmware has the option to download the recordings from the radio but when I asked about where they are stored they wouldn't tell me :lol: Being able to record the TX and RX audio and only being able to listen to it on the radio isn't very useful lol.
The code is already written to download them, I just don't know the memory address to read from :roll:
-73 de MM7DBT
GrantF
10posts
Callsign: KC1KCE

Post by GrantF »

Well that's a pain the bottom. Does their CPS support downloading?
EI5IEB
0posts

Post by EI5IEB »

Its only "a nice to have" and as David mentions the radio remembers the parameters you set on VFO A and B.
I've got the Radioddity Db25-D and can't see an option in their CPS to download audio recordings. I can select and play them back through the radio.
Maybe a future software release from Radioddity will have this option.