Offset and Length were out of bounds for the array

Report any bugs or errors you find here.
bwQuestion
Callsign: K5KRZ

Offset and Length were out of bounds for the array

Post by bwQuestion »

Files attached.

I m getting this same error when performing many task. This most recent is when sending a codeplug to the radio.

I created the plug. Saved the json. Tried to write to the radio. This error. Closed the program, reopen, power off/ back on radio, unplug reconnect USB. Can do a read from radio and then write back what it read in without issue.

Any pointers to get me back in the right direction would be grateful.

Bryant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bwQuestion

Re: Offset and Length were out of bounds for the array

Post by bwQuestion »

Follow up: Changed the RecvGroup to have 1 contact each and the error changed to being too many for the array. That may be expected if the number of receive groups is limited. I will see if I can add another screenshot to the post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bwQuestion

Post by bwQuestion »

Second Follow Up: Based on what another user was reporting with the number of contacts, I shortened my list of contacts to 90 and channels to under 90 and it wrote successfully to the radio. It appears we have exceeded the capacity of the defined array/s
bwQuestion

Post by bwQuestion »

Ok. Some more follow up. I downloaded the contact and channel files from the Australian group that were kind enough to post on here. Their files had fewer contacts but many more channels than mine. I was able to load both into the software and transfer the code plug to the radio with no issues. I was then able to copy my contacts and channels into their files and load them and it worked. Then as I attempted to delete the ones I did not want, it started to fail again. This is very weird. I can only assume that I have looked at the files too much and am missing something obvious.

I am attaching both files here. I would be very appreciative if someone could tell me what is happening here with these.
bwQuestion

Post by bwQuestion »

Different arrangement. Same error. Makes no sense as to how a much larger file can work but this on doesn't.
bwQuestion

Post by bwQuestion »

bwQuestion wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:57 am Second Follow Up: Based on what another user was reporting with the number of contacts, I shortened my list of contacts to 90 and channels to under 90 and it wrote successfully to the radio. It appears we have exceeded the capacity of the defined array/s
Ignore that post. After further testing the number of contacts does not seem to have anything to do with the problem.