My bugs

Report any bugs or errors you find here.
F4JCD

My bugs

Post by F4JCD »

Hello, I imported my Anytone D878 codeplug to my GD-88, and in the memories of each channel the TG in TX Contact does not register, I have to re-enter it manually in the TX.
I also saw an inversion concerning the PF1 and PF2 keys which are reversed between the CPS and the TX.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: My bugs

Post by MM7DBT »

You would have to send me the 878 csv + lst files to debug that issue.. A few codeplugs I tested (868, 878 and 578) set the contact correctly.

As for the buttons, what CPS version do you use? They are correctly set for me.
Note the CPS shows "Long Press" and then "Short Press", CPEditor shows "Short Press, Long Press" for each button.
buttons.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-73 de MM7DBT
F4JCD

Post by F4JCD »

Hello, I have just redone an import of the CPS of my Anytone D878UV-V2 and when I switch to transmission with the GD-88 it marks me "No contact". Indeed the contact parameter is OFF, and if I modify the transmission TG in the GD-88 it works. In CPEditor the contact is well informed in the channel. I can send you my Codeplug if you want to test.
I also confirm that the P1 and P2 buttons are reversed on my GD-88.
While writing to you, I have just returned the codeplug to my GD-88 and there the contacts are present. It looks like they're there and the next thing they're not, strange.
Bests regards.
Laurent
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Post by MM7DBT »

How many contacts do you have? There is currently a bug where if you have more than about 230 contacts.. then the radio fails to assign contacts to the channels.
If you have more than 230 then that may be the issue.

I'm not sure about the buttons as even on my GD-88, the buttons match the settings in the CPS.
There are a few hardware revisions of the radio and the firmware does certain things based on the revision so perhaps there is some reversing of the buttons.
It's not something I have seen and no one else seems to have reported it.
-73 de MM7DBT
F4JCD

Post by F4JCD »

Hello, I only have 58 contacts at the moment.
The button problem I also encounter with the original software.
Another thing, when I activate the RX only function in a channel, I can still transmit, it seems that it does not have its effect.
bwQuestion
Callsign: K5KRZ

Post by bwQuestion »

I had the issue setting the contact also when the channels were sent to the GD-88. Mine was not an import though. I could send it to the radio and everything would be correct but the contact. I had to assign the contact and save the channel. Then when I read the radio back to the software it looked exactly like I had sent it the first time. That post on here went unanswered or resolved. I did find out that if I used lower case letters and numbers and do not put any spaces in the contact it would work fine. I later made a plug with regular case and spaces and it went fine. Was a very strange thing. My main point was that I saw the problem without it being from the other radio. If that helps any.