Problem with new find repeaters

Report any bugs or errors you find here.
aj6uu
0posts

Problem with new find repeaters

Post by aj6uu »

First, let me say this will be a great addition.
I tried to use it without a lot of success.
For bug repro I started from the factory image from the db25-d (this also happened when trying to update my real image).
Click on import/export then repeater finder. I selected cm97bq, left it at 20 miles, and selected all frequencies and fm only.
In this case I got 8 listed, and I selected the check to select them all. Leave add to new zone and click the "add selected repeaters" button.
Even those there are all analog, it creates three entries for each one named the suffix and Parrot, TS1, TS2. Instead, for the analog repeaters there should just be a single entry, with the full callsign.
As you said, the list of the repeaters isn't perfect (in fact now when I check it I seem to be missing quite a few) but I understand that is a function of whoever's api you are using.

Thanks...Bill - AJ6UU
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Problem with new find repeaters

Post by MM7DBT »

Hi Bill,

Yeah I have just noticed that, I had moved some code around when I added the Brandmeister API for getting Static Talkgroups. Which removed the FM/DMR check.
Although it does create analog channels.. like you mentioned, it also creates three channels as if it were a DMR repeater.

I have fixed this so that it creates only one channel for an FM repeater, with the channel name being the full repeater name.
I'll push the update out soon :)

I have asked for permissions to use the RepeaterBook API, which should be far more up to date with accurate information.
Their API is open and free for personal use but they do explicitly forbid embedding it into programs, websites etc without written permission, so I'm just waiting for a reply and hopefully I can then use that API.
-73 de MM7DBT
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Problem with new find repeaters

Post by MM7DBT »

I have updated the function to only include one channel for FM repeaters. The channel will have the full repeater callsign as the channel name.
-73 de MM7DBT