RX Groups

Get help with using the editor.
m0xrs
0posts
Callsign: M0XRS

RX Groups

Post by m0xrs »

Is there a way to edit / import RX groups?
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: RX Groups

Post by MM7DBT »

Import/Export of the RX Groups is done via the contacts.

In the exported csv there is a column for RX Group, here you can add groups for each contact (talkgroup).
Multiple RX Groups can be defined for each contact by separating them with a comma.
If you have a look at the sample csv there are, I believe, 7 groups that show the layout of adding a contact to multiple groups.

I do plan to make this easier with editing inside the editor, rather than csv imports but I haven't had a lot of spare time recently :)
-73 de MM7DBT
KO4NCC
0posts

Post by KO4NCC »

I'm just starting out with the DB25 and have basic DMR experience. Your program is excellent and I thank you very much for taking the time and effort because the manufacturer program was terrible. Now that I'm using your program I've managed to get a code plug into the radio and use the radio. I'm just very confused about the use of RX Groups. How do you use them wit the radio? Are you supposed to be able to change TG's? When I look at the configuration of a Channel it seems to me that Contact is the initial TG you connect to and then RX Group is the list of all the other TG's you can rotate through while using that Channel. Then I Iook at the Factory Programming and it looks like you need to add a Channel for every TG.

73 KO4NCC Jeff
KO4NCC@ARRL.net
jtaffuri@gmail.com
73 Jeff
KO4NCC Amateur Extra
WRTC337 GMRS
N4VKF
Callsign: N4VKF

Post by N4VKF »

I am using the Radioddity GD-88 version. When I click on the RX groups tab how to I add a new RX group. There is no menu option or right click option.

Thanks
N4VKF
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Post by MM7DBT »

The option was lost in a previous update, it has been restored in the latest version just released. Double-click within the grey area and the edit screen should appear, works for scan lists, rx groups, contacts etc.
-73 de MM7DBT
W7ML
Callsign: W7ML

Post by W7ML »

KO4NCC wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:52 pm I'm just starting out with the DB25 and have basic DMR experience. Your program is excellent and I thank you very much for taking the time and effort because the manufacturer program was terrible. Now that I'm using your program I've managed to get a code plug into the radio and use the radio. I'm just very confused about the use of RX Groups. How do you use them wit the radio? Are you supposed to be able to change TG's? When I look at the configuration of a Channel it seems to me that Contact is the initial TG you connect to and then RX Group is the list of all the other TG's you can rotate through while using that Channel. Then I Iook at the Factory Programming and it looks like you need to add a Channel for every TG.

73 KO4NCC Jeff
KO4NCC@ARRL.net
jtaffuri@gmail.com
Was your question ever answered. I just received my DB25-D yesterday and yes, thank you for this wonderful alternative to the Radioddity software.

But it seems to me that this radio suffers from the same programming problem of my other DMR, the Radioddity RD-5R HT, in that it seems that every Contact must have a corresponding Receive Group; and if I try to short cut that procedure by putting all of my Zone's Receive Contacts in the same Receive Group, it activates a puedo-Promiscuous mode.

That is, any reception of my local DMR repeater on one TalkGroup (1 or 2) will come through to my speaker if I am also on a Channel of that corresponding TG. Any way around this?