Ham Groups CSV Format

Get help with using the editor.
W9YA
10posts
Callsign: W9YA

Ham Groups CSV Format

Post by W9YA »

What is the correct csv format for the file being "opened" using the "Ham Groups" button -> "Open CSV" button ?

....I'm playing with version "Pre-Release 0.1.0701.1"

TIA es vy 73 om de "baab" w9ya
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: Ham Groups CSV Format

Post by MM7DBT »

For Ham Groups you want a CSV file with the headers shown in the ham group upload window. Set the name of the talkgroup and the ID for that talkgroup on each line of the csv file.

For Example:-

Code: Select all

GROUP_NAME,GROUP_ID
Local,9
WorldWide,91
Europe,92
USA,93
UK Call,235
UK Chat,2350
Scotland,2355
hamgrp.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-73 de MM7DBT
W9YA
10posts

Post by W9YA »

Yep that did it !!! .....I am not sure why that didn't work before, when I *know* I tried that....HI HI

TNXS OM es VY 73 de "baab" w9ya

BTW:
I am using the editor in Linux and using DAVID's python code (rt73.py) to up/down-load from/into the radio....so far that is work a.o.k. (Radio is the DB25-D, which for the time being is the same firmware and so forth as the rt73.... (I shuda bought the rt73 for 35 bucks less.....sigh)).

SO:
About using wine and RT73CPS.exe...all is seems a.o.k. for manipulating the data (json) EXCEPT the font often obscures the value windows.....TO WIT:

What is the font (and pt. size) that is expected from windows/os ??? (I can load that into my linux and then make sure wine sees it.)

TIA for the answer OM !!
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts

Post by MM7DBT »

The main font used is Calibri and Calibri Bold.. at 14pt and 16pt.

Perhaps I should update my Linux OS on my external HDD and test it with Wine. :)
It's been a long time since I used Linux other than on my Raspberry-Pi and MMDVM hotspots.
-73 de MM7DBT
W9YA
10posts

Post by W9YA »

OOPPPPPSSSSS ... I just enter a separate message on this same topic.....vy sri om....

Anyways, of course the interface to usb isn't working.....but I use David's python code to interface with the radio....and nano to edit the json.
W9YA
10posts

Post by W9YA »

P.P.S>...... I use linux for (almost) everything !!
W9YA
10posts

Post by W9YA »

BINGO ! (Winner, winner, chicken dinner....)

mny tnxs om....looks great now !!
MM7DBT wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:35 am The main font used is Calibri and Calibri Bold.. at 14pt and 16pt.

Perhaps I should update my Linux OS on my external HDD and test it with Wine. :)
It's been a long time since I used Linux other than on my Raspberry-Pi and MMDVM hotspots.
d3vnu11
Callsign: KC3VPY

Post by d3vnu11 »

I think this may be broken I downloaded the Brand TGs from radio ID fixed the order of columns and still get an invalid CSV error. I also notice there is another field in the Ham Group windows.
GROUP_ID,GROUP_NAME,GROUP_SLOT
even tried with the extra field and no love received :)
Regards,
Kev
--KC3VPY
w9lw
Callsign: W9LW

Post by w9lw »

What are "ham groups" used for. I put my talk groups in the Contacts list, not the "Ham Groups" list.
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts

Post by MM7DBT »

Ham Groups works like a 'selective promiscuous mode' so if you add talkgroups to that list, the radio should receive from any talkgroup in that list when it is enabled.
Like a global RX Group that works for any channel.

It can be useful but it depends how you want the radio to work.. whether you want your channels to only receive from the talkgroup that is selected or if you want to receive any talkgroup that is listed in the Ham Groups.
-73 de MM7DBT