How to set up Parrot in CPE

Get help with using the editor.
Eb Wijkstra
Callsign: ZL4RM

How to set up Parrot in CPE

Post by Eb Wijkstra »

Hi,

I am very new to this forum and also to DMR in general.
I want to set up Parrot, but do not seem to have any luck the Parrot is talking back to me.

Can somebody give advice how to set up the Parrot talk group?

Thank you.

Best 73's de Eb, ZL4RM
MM7DBT
Site Admin
150posts
Callsign: MM7DBT

Re: How to set up Parrot in CPE

Post by MM7DBT »

It depends on the setup of whatever DMR Network you are communicating with.. i.e Brandmeister, DMR+, FreeStar, FreeDMR etc..

Brandmeister for example would be a >private call< to talkgroup 9990 (if they still allow that) or xxx997 where xxx is the MCC of the BM Master server the repeater is connected to, or for a hotspot, the master you are connecting that to.
Going off your callsign, I guess that the nearest Brandmeister master server would be Australia with an MCC 505.. so you would private call 505997.

With DMR+, its a >group call< so you'll also need to setup an RX Group with the appropriate talkgroup/contact in order to hear the reply without using promiscuous mode.

Most commonly you would group call to 9990 although there are some exceptions.
For example, FreeDMR works differently to where you would private call 9990 for a few seconds to link it, wait for confirmation and then use TG9 to use it.

Also.. Most repeaters will only allow ECHO / PARROT on Slot 2 and will not work on Slot 1.
-73 de MM7DBT
Eb Wijkstra
Callsign: ZL4RM

Re: How to set up Parrot in CPE

Post by Eb Wijkstra »

Thanks David, much appreciated

73's de Eb, ZL4RM